A magical woodland Fairy Trail - plus NEW Adventure Farm Barn!
Grab your fairy wings or magic wand and explore our Fairy Trail!
Follow the adventure book to find our fairies, enjoy the Tooth Factory, Dummy Tree, Fairy Welcome Centre, Shopping Village, Troll bridge and catch your breath in our beautiful orchard before you head back to the finish.
We need you and your friends to help the fairies find the hidden location of their missing fairy dust. First, follow the clues and directions and watch out for information points where you can answer a question or two. Finally decipher your answers for a chance to win a great prize!
And for even more fun on the farm, you can now enjoy exploring our new Adventure Farm Barn where you can meet the animals, take our sit on tractors for a spin and more!
Please wear suitable footwear. Although our trail is mostly gravel, it is only suitable for all terrain pushchairs.
After completing the trail, treat yourself to an ice cream or sorbet, made right here on the farm, or maybe even stay for lunch!.
The estimated time for full Fairy Trail (excluding Adventure Farm Barn) is 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Tickets from £3.50 (under 1’s go FREE)
Please note the Fairy Trail will become part of the New Adventure Farm Barn ticket from 24th July. The Adventure Farm Barn with Fairy Trail will be available in between other themed events over the summer holidays on:
- 24th July to 3rd August
- 9th, 10th, 11th August
- 20th, 21st, 22nd August
- 31st August to 5th September
Once upon a time...
…there were two fairies; Maggie, the good fairy who always loved helping the other fairies, and Benjamin, the mischievous fairy who loved getting into trouble. Within the grounds of Churchfields, a unique magic tree stands high and mighty, being the only tree of its type.
It gives out a daily spray of magic fairy dust for the local fairies to store for all the good folk who walk along the trail. One day, Benjamin decided to play a trick on the other fairies, by removing the box of dust and hiding it somewhere in the grounds of Churchfields.
- On arrival, you’ll receive a booklet and map. Follow the directions and map around the grounds of Churchfields to discover the clues.
- Information panels can be found throughout the grounds attached to blue metal posts. Each information panel contains information about the fairies and trolls.
- Match up each marker with the clue found on its page within the booklet, answer the question then enter your correct answer on the back page.
Book tickets for the Fairy Trail now!
We release tickets each week, so if you can’t see the session you’re after yet, please check back later.
Tickets start from £2.50, and under 2’s go FREE
Important stuff for grown-ups
Working together for a safe and relaxing visit to Churchfields Fairy Trail
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Churchfields is a working farm with livestock in adjoining fields.
- You must stay on the trail and dogs are welcome but must be on a lead at all times. Please scoop any poop.
- The ground is uneven and there are cowpats. Brambles, stinging nettles, tree roots, fallen branches and twigs are encountered on the trail.
- The fields have cattle water troughs and barbed wire fences. There is a stream and pond in the fairy woods.
- The fairy trail is completed at your own risk. Ensure you have the proper footwear and adequate clothing before starting out. Check the weather forecast. The trail is unsuitable for wheel chairs and push chairs.
- Remember that you are responsible for the safety of yourself and others in your group while on the trail.
- Don’t forget to respect the privacy and property of others. Follow the Government’s guidance on staying safe outside your home. We advise bringing your own hand sanitiser.
- Do not allow your children to go ahead and separate from the group.
- Before you begin, agree on an emergency rendezvous point should someone become separated from your group.
- In the event of an accident while on the trail, do not attempt to move the casualty, please call the emergency services on 999, giving your location:
- Place your litter in a bin or take it home with you.
The safety of our staff and visitors is our priority. To ensure that social distance is maintained we will be implementing the following:.
- One-way queueing system in place.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures in place.
- Payment by card payment only and contactless payment where possible to reduce physical contact.
- Staff will have had comprehensive training prior to opening to ensure they operate in the safest way possible.
- Our indoor seating areas will be closed, to reduce risk.
- Till and collection points will be screened.
- Hand sanitiser and a handwashing station will be available and visitors will be encouraged to use it.